April 22, 2014 § 6 Comments
I’ve taken every photo on this blog with a worn-out, nearly three-year-old iPhone. Last month I bought a professional camera, but I was too preoccupied with other goings-on, then too scared, to take it out of the box.
Finally on Sunday I took it, its lens, and all the accessories out of the wrapping and started to play.
I’m in love with it and want to take it everywhere and introduce it to everyone. It’s nearly as fun as a new puppy.
Here are some initial shots from the first few days. Next step? Classes. Before I develop bad habits or press the wrong button.
April 21, 2014 § 3 Comments
What I’m reading this week:
- “The Confidence Gap” by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman (The Atlantic, April 14, 2014)
- “Death and Anger on Everest” by Jon Krakauer (“News Desk” blog, The New Yorker, April 21, 2014)
- “A Documentary Set Entirely Within the Capsule of a Cable Car” by Richard Brody (“The Front Row” blog, The New Yorker, April 17, 2014)
- “Gabriel Garcia Marquez: The Art of Fiction No. 69” interviewed by Peter H. Stone (The Paris Review, Winter 1981)
- A Guide to Being Born by Ramona Ausubel (2013)
- “Love in an Elevator” by Abby Ronner (Narratively, April 22, 2014)
April 19, 2014 § Leave a comment
April 17, 2014 § 5 Comments